Get involved...being a Nightstop volunteer is very rewarding and you would be part of a friendly and like-minded team.
Nightstop volunteers can choose how much time they give to Nightstop - from a few hours or a couple of nights a month to longer and all expenses are covered.
All volunteers receive induction training and on-going training related to young people's issues. No matter how much time you can give or wherever your interests lie, we have a position that could suit you. Whether it's offering a room for the night as a Nightstop Host, helping young people get to safe accommodation as a Nightstop Driver or helping with the practicalities of young person's situation, we can make the experience rewarding and easy for you.
To get a greater insight into the experiences of a Nightstop volunteer, download the stories of David, Mary & Peter, and Stewart & Libby.
These are the main reasons why people volunteer with our organisation
Nightstop believes that the involvement of volunteers will:
- To support our mission, values and goals
- Make a local contribution to a local issue i.e. young homeless people
- Be part of a committed team
- Do something inspiring that makes a difference
- Learn new skills
- Give something back to society
- To keep an active involvement in their local community
- Because they, or someone they know, has experienced homelessness
Thank you for your interest in Nightstop. Please give us a ring on 01425 478391 if you are interested in finding out more. For any further information about Nightstop you can downlaod our volunteering leaflet and visit the following websites:
- Enrich young people's experiences by offering them extra practical, creative, supportive and inspirational opportunities
- Provide new skills, experiences and perspectives to young people, volunteers and staff
- Strengthen links with the diverse communities in which we work