Nightstop provides free short term emergency accommodation for homeless, young people in the homes of trained and approved volunteers around the New Forest.
Nightstop is free to young people and host households receive expenses. If suitable, a young person is able to stay 1 - 5 nights in a Nightstop household while receiving further advice from their housing advice worker who will discuss their options with them and put their case forward to the Supported Housing Panel.
On occasion volunteer drivers are available to collect the young person from the referring agency and get them to the host's home. Nightstop also has Support Volunteers available who can meet up with the young person and provide practical support and advice with regards to their housing and financial situation.
The New Forest Nightstop service provides;
In addition Nightstop also:
- Free, safe, secure, emergency accommodation for single young people aged 16-24 in the homes of approved volunteer hosts.
- Bed, breakfast, evening meal, bath/shower and laundry facilities. No cost to young people - households receive expenses.
- Accepts referrals only from agencies/organisations who accept and understand the Nightstop referral criteria.
- Volunteer drivers.
- Support Volunteers to help you with advice, appointments and benefits forms.
- Signposting to other local agencies for advice on housing, jobs, education and health.
- Interview, carry out Criminal Records Bureau checks, obtain references, train and support all volunteers.
- Provide ongoing training and support for volunteers.
- Have access to the NFDC 'Out of Hours' and Social Services 'Out of Hours' system in place to support volunteers.
- Refer young people back to a recognised agency to look at longer-term housing options appropriate to their need.
For further information please download our general information leaflet.
- Prevents young people sleeping rough
- Is an alternative to bed and breakfast
- Fit the Every Child Matters agenda
- Can break the cycle of youth homelessness